Stay up to date, and remain competitive
You don’t have time to worry about websites and technology changes, but you know you should. You need someone in your corner who can take that worry off your hands, so you can focus on what you do best.
Your business has come along in leaps and bounds over the years. Maybe your website has kept up with those changes, or maybe it’s just way out of date (is it even mobile friendly?). You haven’t got time to work out what kind of website hosting you should be on, what your website needs, or what kind of website security you need. And accessibility? What is that?!
Add to that, your business technology needs have changed, but you don’t know where to begin.
All of these things take time to get up to work out and implement, and you don’t have enough hours in the day. Or maybe you tried, only to end up more confused than you were before.
Time is money, and your time is best spent on the areas of your business where you can apply your expertise, and create income.
That’s where I come in. I research your tech needs and help you get your site built with best practices to ensure your website performs well, has a light digital footprint, and can be used by everyone. I strategically plan your website — not just for what you need now, but also for the future.
Hi. I’m Jan.
I’ve been helping small businesses with websites and online tech support since 2013. Based in the beautiful Bay of Islands in New Zealand, I help clients all over the world.
No two businesses have the same website needs. I assess each client’s needs individually, and run audits to provide a solution that is best suited to their situation.
With years of experience, I have a wealth of knowledge on a broad range of online software services, domain and website hosting, email hosting, and much more. I have a Diploma in Web Design and Development, and regularly invest in further education to keep on top of current best practices.
More about me
- I have a New Zealand Diploma in Web Development and Design. I went a little overboard with papers, so I have the equivalent of a Level 5 Certificate in Information Technology as well.
- I’ve worked in a wide range of industries over the years — horticulture, retail, hospitality and tourism, banking, administration, and planning. This provides me with the ability to see businesses from different angles, and perhaps offer a perspective business owners haven’t thought of.
- I’m honest, objective and a critical thinker. I’m not one to mince words (that’s a nice way of saying I can be upfront and blunt).
- This business is just one part of me. I also work as an Assistant Planner in the private sector, helping urban and rural clients apply for consents for sustainable development. Sustainability is a huge part of my life, and that’s why I’m so passionate about digital sustainability as well.
- I have terrible eyesight, and my husband is partially deaf due to illness as a child. I’m advocating for digital accessibility because I know how important access to information is. For many people with disabilities the internet is also often the only place they can find people they relate to.
What you will get from me:
- Someone who is invested in your business success.
- Someone who will save you time and frustration by taking care of your website tech needs.
- Someone who can manage your website to keep it fast, efficient and secure.
- If you fancy yourself a bit of a DIYer, I’m happy to provide consultations as needed.
Causes I support:
I offset the carbon emissions of my business and that of my clients’ website projects by purchasing native trees through Trees that Count. Trees that Count support community restoration projects in New Zealand.
I provide free website and tech support to LeopardSeals.org, which is a team of researchers who devote private research time to studying the leopard seals which inhabit New Zealand.
Bay of Islands Animal Rescue is a local charity near me, which rescues and rehomes dogs and other animals. Our family has adopted two dogs and two parrots from this organisation, and regularly donate to their cause.