HI, I’M JAN HENRY.
WEB DESIGNER WITH A TWIST.
I collaborate with business owners to develop the best WordPress website design possible, while providing ongoing support for their business needs, at any given point.
- Self-published book authors
- Beauty therapists
- Birthing doulas
- Sports teams
- Brick and mortar businesses
- Food professionals…
…Navigate the online world with WordPress web design, technical assistance and/or training that met their individual needs.
Together, we determine your needs, goals and technical limits. I take care of the technical gobbledegook, and show you how to manage the basics of running your site.
The best part about working with Jan has been the confidence I can have in her ability to create something I want, but with her expertise guiding me. Her proactive approach allows her to get to know her clients in a way that you know she is invested in your business idea as a whole, not just how your website looks.
Lydia Nuttall | Harvest Kitchen
What you will get from working with me:
- Someone who is invested in your business success, just as much as you are. A colleague, rather than just an independent contractor.
- A website and other content that you are proud to show off and will receive positive feedback on.
- A website that stimulates new business.
- Someone that saves you time and frustration by taking care of your website and also other tech and design projects. One person, one place.
- Someone that will show you how to manage the basics of your site alone, so you can make small changes as you need to.
I build close relationships with my clients, which usually result in friendships, occasional Skype calls involving glasses of wine, and humorous, off-track conversations. If that sounds like your kind of thing, get in touch.
If you like receiving useful suggestions for your business – because I spend a lot of time reading and researching online, and I often find goodies – get in touch.
If you appreciate honesty, objectivity, and critical thinking, you’re definitely in the right place (and you should get in touch!).
Although I am based in Kerikeri, New Zealand, my clients based all round the world. Most of the people I work with are based in Australia and the USA. I even subcontract for people.
A few awesome clients I’ve helped:
Jan did a wonderful job. She responded very quickly with my request for a website designer and followed up all questions and queries very efficiently. She is professional, patient and very generous with her time. Jan is a pleasure to work with and will get the job done effectively with no fuss.
Tess Philip | The Untamed Life
A little about me:
- I like coffee. A lot.
- I like to fight for a good cause. I was one of the founding members of a small pet rescue organisation, CQ Pet Rescue Inc. I spent just over two years as the Secretary, with a brief period as acting President, before stepping down.
- I’m a learning junkie. I’m most fulfilled when I’m arming myself with new knowledge, and that’s why I’m able to provide so many services to my clients.
- My first role in customer service was in 2000. I have worked in the food industry, tourism, administration, retail, banking, and have a university background in zoology, geography and marine science.
- I’ve lived in various parts of New Zealand over the years, and now reside in Kerikeri, Bay of Islands. We recently moved back to New Zealand after living in Australia for six years.
- Part of the income from JHD goes to WWF New Zealand and NZ Sea Lion Trust. I have been a regular supporter of WWF NZ since I was a child, when my parents signed me up, and NZ Sea Lions are close to my heart, having studied them as part of my PgDipSci. in Marine Science when I was at university.